Cost of Business Intelligence Solutions
If we look at the full costs of business intelligence solutions
we must include:
- Database Technology - such as additional data
warehouse software and tool licenses, OLAP engines, specialized
- BI Software License Costs - analytics, modeling
software, advanced reporting, graphics, and dashboard technology.
You must also include any integration to desktop software or additional
“per seat” costs related to the BI stack.
- Software Update/Upgrade Costs - of both the
BI software and any additional software as well as additional
charges not included in the original purchase of annual maintenance.
- Software Maintenance Calculation - generall
based on purchase price or an annual price.
- Hardware & Operational Environment Costs
- costs related to the hardware and processing platform dedicated
to running database and BI software. This must also include backup
and archival costs.
- Staffing Costs - FTE salaries and accomodation
costs to manage, design, develop and support of the BI program.
For a full guide to BI Programs, go to the BI
Back To Top