Station Message Detail Recording
Station Message Detail Recording [SMDR] captures detailed information
about incoming and outgoing voice and data calls. The information
is sent to an output device such as a printer or call
accounting or analysis system.
SMDR Reports are provided by Telcos on wholesale services, as part
of a reporting suite that may include:
- Station Message Detail Recording [SMDR]
- provides call details on calls that originate from a Centrex
Plus Common Block.
- Completion Reports
- received when a service order is completed or cancelled in the
Telco Service Order Processing [SOP] system and impacts the customer.
- Loss Reports
- received when a service order with outward line activity is
completed or cancelled and impacts the customer.
An SMDR file is usually sent in addition to any Daily Usage File
(DUF) for services provided to an end-user who has Centrex Plus.
The report is typically in EMI Format and call detail is provided
on the following types of calls:
- Originating intra/inter Local Access and Transport Area (LATA)
- Outward Wide Area Telecommunications Service (WATS)
- VoiceGrade/Foreign Exchange Channels
- Directory Assistance (DA) Calls
The call detail could also include :
- Date of Call
- Time of Call
- Call Duration
- Station Line from which Call Originated
- Called Number
- Selected Carrier
Next: Completion Reports
Back To Top